Monday, October 10, 2011

Smoke

Our bodies rubbed together and we created a spark
Which kindled a small flame.
That flame grew over time, we fed it
With the laughs and nights we shared.

The flame grew, demanded more fuel,
And you left the fire to die.
But the fire did not die, it found
Its way to my heart, and nested inside.

There it grew to enormous heights,
Feeding off the sadness stocked to the ceiling,
The fire was pleased as its spiked tongue licked the walls
Of my soul, puncturing it deep and bleeding hope out.

Once the flame had warmed my heart,
I would snuggle close to it and dream,
Now I run with my mouth spitting ash
And my heart charred and black.

1 comment:

  1. The first line of the poem really caught my eye. Read the poem and happy that I did! It was really well written. My favorite stanza was "There it grew to enormous heights,
    Feeding off the sadness stocked to the ceiling,
    The fire was pleased as its spiked tongue licked the walls
    Of my soul, puncturing it deep and bleeding hope out." because its flow was amazing plus the line "The fire was pleased as its spiked tongue licked the walls" ah it was amazing:D

    ReplyDelete