Monday, October 10, 2011

Landing Love Side Down

Your love is like butter and I am the toast.
I'm tough on the outside, but your love is smooth
And spreads all around me, filling in little nooks and crannies in my mind,
Your love then seeps into me, makes me softer, and transforms me into something new and rich.
Life without love is toast without butter, what's the point?
You'd only be left with something hard and dry.

            P.S.    Also, If you get love on your fingers, its incredibly hard to wash off and even then you still smell of love to those around you.

            P.S.S.    To those who don't like butter on toast, this poem does not work if you replace "butter" with "jelly." Jelly is sticky and messy and too sweet. Although I guess by that definition "jelly" could be love in romance movies. Twilight is a bunch of jelly.

2 comments:

  1. zach. you are a wonderful man. i love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lvoe the comparison here, it makes the poem what it is. However, I must say, I'm one of those people who doesn't like butter on toast... But I think you're right- jelly won't fit.

    ReplyDelete